5 reasons why quality sleep may help you lose weight
Do you ever feel like you’re working hard to lose weight but not seeing the results you want? Poor sleep may be the reason.
Sleep is important, but many don't realize just how important it is for weight loss. According to recent studies, poor sleep can lead to weight gain in a number of ways.
Learn the science behind why quality sleep is essential for weight loss and tips on how to get better sleep. So if you're looking to lose weight, here’s why sleep is so important and can help!
Here are 5 reasons getting better sleep can help you lose weight
- Eating Unhealthy - Lack of sleep can lead to weight gain due to the increase in appetite and cravings for unhealthy foods.
- Decrease in cortisol - People who get enough sleep tend to have lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol, which can lead to weight gain.
- Stimulated Hunger - Sleep deprivation increases levels of ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates hunger. If you’re hungry you often tend to make poor food decisions increasing the likely hood of eating foods high in fat.
- Exercising Less - Poor sleep quality is associated with reduced physical activity and increased intake of calories from snacks.
- Regulating Blood Sugar Levels - Getting adequate sleep may help improve your ability to regulate blood sugar levels, preventing spikes and crashes that can lead to cravings for sugary foods.
In addition, sleep can help you lose wait because you burn calories while you sleep. The average person burns 50 calories per hour while they sleep! This varies based on ones metabolic rate, but getting 8 hours of sleep you can burn approximately 400 calories! That’s amazing!
Many who struggle with losing weight and are having trouble losing weight can relate to at least one of the five reasons above. It’s clear how sleep has such a strong impact to losing weight. That said, here are few tips to get better sleep.
3 Easy Tips to get better sleep to help you lose weight
- Try to sleep at the same time each night, and get up at the same time each morning, even on the weekends.
- Don't take naps after 3 p.m. and don't nap longer than 20 minutes.
- Stay away from caffeine and alcohol late in the day.
We hope you’ve found this helpful. If you have any questions or want more information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
And if you’re still struggling with weight loss and can’t seem to get quality sleep, we have the perfect solution for you: RAD ZZZ. Our all-natural sleep supplement was created with weight loss and better sleep in mind. It contains ingredients that have been shown to help improve both aspects of your health, so you can finally get the rest you need to help you lose weight you want.
Check out RAD ZZZ today to learn more about how RAD ZZZ can help you achieve your health goals!