Best morning foods to help you wake up in the morning.
Do you wake up after a good night’s rest and sometimes still feel tired? Coffee is a common way to kick start your day, but coffee will make most of us a bit shaky unless we eat something. If you’re going to eat in the morning, it's important to eat foods with nutrients that are essential for waking up and feeling energized. These are the best foods to have in the morning.
Try these four foods to help jump start your mornings.
- Eggs are a great source of protein, which is essential for waking up and feeling energized in the morning. They also contain vitamins and minerals that help to boost your mood and support brain function. To reap these benefits, try having an egg-based breakfast, such as an omelet or scrambled eggs, paired with some whole grain toast or fruit.
- Bananas are an excellent source of energy due to their high potassium content. This helps you feel more awake and focused, so make sure to include a banana in your morning routine for extra energy.
- Avocados are another nutrient-rich food that can help you feel more energized and awake in the morning. They contain healthy fats, as well as vitamins and minerals like magnesium, which support brain function and boost your mood.
- Spinach is a great source of clean energy, thanks to its high levels of iron and magnesium. These nutrients work together to improve blood flow throughout your body, helping you feel more awake and alert in the morning. Be sure to incorporate some spinach into your breakfast for a boost first thing in the day!
4 easy breakfast meals to make with avocados, bananas, eggs, or spinach.
- Avocado toast with egg: Top your favorite toast with some smashed avocado and a sunny-side up egg for a protein and healthy fat-filled meal
- Banana oatmeal: Start your day with this filling and satisfying oatmeal made with banana, oats, milk, and cinnamon. Top with nuts or nut butter for extra flavor and protein
- Spinach toast: Rather than using eggs or avocado in this recipe, add some sauteed spinach to your favorite toast for a healthy green breakfast.
- Green smoothie bowl: Blend up some greens (spinach or kale) with fruit (like banana, mango, pineapple), milk, and yogurt for a quick and filling breakfast. Top with chia seeds, nuts or nut butter if you're looking to add more protein and texture.
With these four foods and recipes as part of your morning routine, you’ll be sure to start the day off right! Give them a try and let us know how you feel.