5 reasons to make sure you brush your teeth first thing in the morning.
Most of us know that brushing our teeth is important for maintaining good oral health. But did you know that there are some specific benefits to brushing your teeth in the morning?
Brushing your teeth as soon as you wake up in the morning gets rid of morning breath by removing the acid and bacteria build up from the night. Plus, if you don't brush your teeth thoroughly and often, a substance known as tartar will accumulate on the surface of your teeth and can be difficult to clean.
Here are 5 specific reasons to make sure you brush your teeth as soon as you wake up:
- Fresher Breath - starting the day with Regular brushing and flossing will keep your teeth healthy and looking great. Clean teeth can help you feel more confident and ready to take on the day.
- Saliva Production - Brushing first thing in the morning jump start your saliva production for the day. Saliva is important for keeping your mouth healthy by washing away bacteria and food particles.
- Less Bacteria - bacteria tend to build up overnight, morning brush will help keep bacteria from building up. That's because when you brush your teeth, you're also stimulating your gums and promoting circulation in your mouth.
- Less Plaque - plaque can harden overnight, making it more difficult to remove.
- Total Overall Health – Oral health is the window to Total Health and Wellness! Brushing every morning leads to consistent brushing and a clear path towards overall health and wellness.
How brushing your teeth in the morning helps for successful days.
Brushing your teeth first thing in the morning can help to wake you up and give you a boost of energy for the day ahead. Starting your day off right is extremely important to how your day will go. The better days you have, the better weeks you will have, and more prosperous years you will have!
“The Happiness Project”, by Gretchen Rubin indicates that making your bed every morning is a simple way to be happier. By doing something small and doable you which gets your day started off right. Cleaning your teeth every morning is a small win every day that creates inner calm and follows the same principle. Small wins in the morning lead to successful days ahead!
How long should you brush your teeth for?
The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends brushing your teeth for two minutes at a time. This will help to ensure that you get all of the plaque and bacteria off of your teeth. If you are in a hurry, you can also break up the two minutes into three , 30-second intervals. Just be sure to brush all surfaces of your teeth, including the fronts, backs, and chewing surfaces.
Consider using an electric toothbrush like the RAD Sonic Toothbrush. Leading the way with 41,000 sonic vibrations per minute our new Rad Sonic electric toothbrush is equipped with sonic technology for better cleaning, leaving your smile whiter and brighter.
For a more thorough clean, you can also use a tongue scraper or toothbrush to clean your tongue. This will help to remove any bacteria or food particles that might be stuck there. Check out RAD Health’s Oral health products.